Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Week #9 Thing 23

Well I made it through. I started on the 9th of July, finished on the 30th and that was with taking a two week vacation of doing nothing except kick back and relax. Shows it can be done quickly if need be. I did complete my initial goal and that was to see what this is all about. I will now be able to at least understand what someone is asking about and might even be able to help them. What I liked most in the project was the RSS feeds, online programs such as Google's Word Processing and arcaplay (awesome!). I will continue to use some of these technologies. I had no interest in others such as Meeze, Librarything, and Rollyo. Still yet others were very overwhelming to me such as podcast and all that tagging. What I see in all of this is if you have a need for information and know what you are looking for there are new ways to receive it. Although the good old Google search will still be around. I still do not know how folks have the time for all of this, for me I'll just pick a couple and life will be good. I feel that these will not be the only new things coming and to keep up we will all have to become life long learners, not a bad thing. If you sit back you might just miss out on some really cool stuff. There's something for everyone, just watch the kids around some of those Youtube videos.

Good Bye for now,

Just a Tech signing off.

4 comments:

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

Rodney, congratulations on finishing the program.

HCPL Techincal Trainer said...

You should send me your tracking form so you can receive credit for the program. It is on the harfordparticipants.blogspot.com page.

IrmBrown said...

Congrats on finishing. Glad you got some new things out of this. Plus, just knowing, as you said, what other staff might be talking about and realizing from the get-go, how you might help. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.